Pages

Friday 26 July 2019

Making Boomerangs - Social Studies

In Social Studies we have been studying aboriginal artwork and the use of boomerangs. As apart of our work we had to paint a boomerang using the aboriginal style we have been learning about. On my boomerang, I used brown, white and a pinky-red as my colors. I used these colours as they are common colours used. Natural colours are often used in aboriginal artwork as products such as clay and charcoal were used instead of paint. Something that worked well while painting my boomerang was that the background colours turned out well. Next time I would probably have a better of a plan of what I am painting as I changed it halfway through. My boomerang was supposed to have squiggly lines dotted, representing snakes but the lines were harder to draw with the resources I had and turned out too big. Instead, I just drew lines on as I thought it would turn out better. Because I drew straight lines instead of squiggly lines the meaning of my boomerang couldn't be snakes, so after some research, I discovered that thing symbol closest to what my final product turned out to be was rain, so I guess that's what the meaning behind my boomerang is. I thought that making a boomerang to show our learning was fun as we often aren't able to do things like that. Here is the boomerang I created:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.