Pages

Friday 5 April 2019

Art - Lino Cutting

In art we have been doing Lino Cutting inspired by Sonja Terk Delauney.  We had to create a design that incorporate orphsim in it. Orphism is a type of art that uses a-lot a colour and shapes to make the picture. To start with we had to make a thumbnail sketch. After we completed the thumbnail sketch we had to split it up so it fits on 2 different pieces of lino.  We are doing our design on 2 pieces of lino so it creates a cool affect. Some techniques I have had to use so far is how cut the lino. I have also had to use a lot of complementary colours so it stands out more. Another technique I have used is with how and where I put all the shapes I have used. Something that hasn't worked so well was the fact the the fist lino cutting tool I used was to curved so I struggled to cut.  Something that I really like about my work so far is the design of my work. Here is a picture of my work so far:

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Dylan, your photo is not coming up. can you look at the permissions?

    I really like that you notice complementary colours and the placement of shapes. clever girl! Now i just need the photo :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.