Pages

Friday 15 March 2019

Art

In art we have being designing work that is inspired by Michael Mew.  Our work had to include a focal point that draws the attention of the viewer. To make the focal point stand out more we had to add leading lines. Leading lines is just lines that lead your eyes to wherever your main point is. We also had to add a bird into out art as it represents our cultural narrative. The focal point of my work is the word Gold that I took from a magazine and the leading lines are the yellow strips as well as the edge of the other pictures I took from a magazine. To make the focal point stand out more I added purple in the background as it is the complementary colour of yellow. The bird I chose was the Mohua. A Mohua bird is a attractive bird that is also very musical.  Something I could work on is planning my work before I actually start it as I have a bit of trouble when I started to paint and add my bird. Overall I think I did a good job but there are definitely some things I could improve on like making everything a bit neater. Here is my work: 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Dylan, can you please try and link that photo in again? the link appears to be broken. Start with checking if you have made the photo publicly available on your drive.

    I love that you took the yellow and moved it around the image to lead the eye, that is kind of our point - leading the viewer to the focal point. And I take your point about planning. If you didn't plan so well, the rest of the process became harder! So great self reflection.

    You have got plenty of visuals to be using in our magazine later in term two, and that is one of our main points of this project; we are generating imagery that we can use in magazine layout later on, while learning lots about making art and artists. See you period one Thursday :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.