Pages

Thursday 21 March 2019

Sonja Terk Delaunay

In art we have been learning about Sonja Terk Delaunay and how she helped Orphism become a thing. I think that she is a very interesting person and I am looking forward to using her as a inspiration for my own work.


Image result for Design in the style of Mondrian, possibly for a rug, from 'Compositions, Colours, Ideas'
Design in the style of Mondrian 1931
2 Of Sonjas Art works:
Image result for Rythme colore
Rythme Colore





What is Orphism? Orphism was a art movement obtained within cubism. It was started by a few French artist and emphasising the use of light and colour instead of the style of art that other famous artist use 

2 facts about Sonja: 
  • Sonja is a French-Ukrainian Artist 
  • She was adopted 
  • She spoke multiple languages 
  • She didn't do art for more than 10 years after husband death 

 Here is a picture of my own work:

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Dylan thank you for posting. can you tell me about the Ukraine and what it might have been like for her growing up there? Who adopted her? I wonder what languages she spoke? I am pleased you are looking forward to working with this Artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora dylan, can you check the sharing settings on your photo? it's not coming up.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.