Pages

Friday 8 June 2018

Music - Aotearoa

This term in music we have been learning the song Aotearoa by Stan Walker. As a class we all decided to sing and perform this song by voting out of two options (Wairua and Aotearoa).  I am enjoying learning the lyrics to the song and also learning the choreography because I find learning new things fun and interesting.  The thing I need to work on to help the class be successful is to not play with my hair because if I flick my hair around on the day of our performance it will look weird and it won't fit in. One thing i find challenging is actually enjoying performing as I don't really like to sing as I don't think I am very good at it and also because I have to be at the front for some part of the performance and I don't really feel like doing it. I am going to overcome this is by acting like I want to be there on the day. While practising this song we are learning how to more to the beat as we have to sway side to side for a good portion of the performance. We are also learning how to add our own ideas to this performance as last time the teacher told us everything we were doing but this time we got to chose how we were going to perform it (If we were going to just stand on the stage, music video, etc)  what we are going to do in our performance and what we are going to wear. My performance so far show my learning because I had to learn new choreography and learn the words and I have already got that sorted. Next time we practise our performance I am going to try and make the effort not to play with my hair and actually act like I enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Dylan, this an awesome and honest reflection on your progress in musical performance this time. Well done on recognizing your areas to improve and coming up with some solutions for overcoming your challenges. I look forward to seeing your final performance.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.