Pages

Monday 18 June 2018

Wood Work Term 2 Update

In tech with Mr Rozka we have been doing wood work. In stead of doing one big project we have been doing lots of small and quick projects that teach us tons of different skills. Some of the skills we have been learning include how to use a belt sander,drilling,sawing,chiselling,measuring and many more skills useful in wood work. So far this term we have made a puzzle,ball roarer,candle holder, centrifuge, a game called Mu Torere, bottle opener and a few other projects.  It is very important to get everything right because if you do something as simple as getting the wrong measurements it could affect the final product so you have to be careful with everything you do. I found that hard as I did make a few mistakes and it was hard to fix them once I had made them. My favourite project so far has been making the puzzle or making the centrifuge as they were both fun and needed different skills and I was proud with both of the finishing products. My favourite skill to use was sanding because I found it very nice when my hard and messy work turned into a soft a clean end product.  Some of the challenges I have had this term were chiselling as it is very hard to get the hang of and another challenge I had was using the belt sander as the first time I used it I broke it meaning the none of the other classes could use it for a week while the new sand paper was arriving. Next time I do a project I think that I will go a bit slower as I am generally one of the first to finish the project and if I went even a little bit slower the product might come out a bit better.

Here is some of my friends work to show you an example of what I have been doing as I can't show you mine because I have taken it home already:

Tanaya's candle holder






Jason's puzzle 

Tanaya's Bull roarer 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.