Pages

Friday 29 June 2018

Musical Performance - Aotearoa

Yesterday we performed the song Aotearoa by Stan Walker in front of the year 7,8,9s and some year 10 classes. We had been practising for the performance since the start of the term. Everyone had to sing the chorus of Aotearoa but some people who were confident in sing a solo got a part of the verse to sing. The teacher choreographed most of the dance but she did ask for our input on how we are going to perform it and what we are going to wear on the day. We chose to perform it live seeing as it is more of a Maori culture and seeing if the performance was to celebrate the Maori holiday Matariki we though it fit quite well. On the day we chose to wear the old Branston Intermediate Kapa Haka uniforms. I was wearing a light blue skirt with a belt kind of thing because all of the other things we could wear were much to big for me which was a bit of a struggle because I didn't know what I was going to wear until the last day we had of rehearsing. On the day of the performance everyone was nervous either because we thought that we were not going to as well as last term,because there was a whole other coming to watch, We were going to muck up or just because we were nervous about getting up on stage in general or possibly because the only practice we had on the day didn't go as well as it could of. We were up first out of all of the performances so we had to get changed as soon as the bell rang for last period we had to go a quickly get changed while the others were getting seated. When we performed I was a bit embarrassed because I am not really big on performing in front of lots of performing and especially in front of my younger brother and my sister. My favourite part of song was when Kaela and Stacey sung the National anthem because I personally think that they are great singers and they sing really we together. The performance went better than I expected but I think I could have done a better job of acting like I enjoyed doing it because I was to busy worrying about not laughing because of my nerves. I think that we could of been a bit louder and brung more energy to the performance because I think that at times we were a bit quite. Next time I perform I am going to worry about my facial expressions and being a bit louder so it can fix that problem.  Over all I think the performance went quite well but we could of been a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.