Pages

Friday 29 June 2018

Technology - Wood structure

In wood work with Mr Rees we have been making structures that we can hang things from. This project has taken our class a term to complete as we only have Mr Rees one hour a week. The first thing that we had to do was draw out a plan of how long each of the three parts were going to be.The structure was aloud to be 450mm long at the max but I could be smaller if you wanted it to be  My first part was the upright and it was around 150 mm long. My second part was a support that helps keep the joint and the upright together and it was 85mm long. The last part was the joint which was 200mm long. All in total my structure ended up being 335mm long if you put it side by side. The hardest part was probably cutting and attaching the support to the structure because we had to cut it on a angle and when we went to attach it we had to nail it in on a angle. My favourite parts of making the structure was measuring,oiling and planning making it because I really enjoy making all my sizes organised and all my work looking as neat as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.