Pages

Tuesday 17 September 2019

Physical Education - Gymnastics

In PE we have been doing gymnastics. In the 3 lessons we have had so far we have been getting used to the equipment and learning/practising some of the skills. The majority of my time in gymnastics has been spent on either the floor or the bars as they don't require taking socks off. Apparently, we were supposed to film our routine but none of our class got told this so no one filmed any routines. Although we didn't film our routines we still had to answer questions on how we felt like we are going to gymnastics so far. Here are the questions and my answers.

Something I did well? Something I think I did well was learning the routine for the floor as I can do the majority of the tricks and I also think I did a good job of learning new skills.
Something I could work on? I think I could work my handstand roll out as I don't have enough control to do the roll at the end.
How could I improve? I could improve my gymnastics skills by gaining more confidence as sometimes I doubt myself making me think I am unable to do a skill.

Image result for handstand roll out step by step
 Here is a step by step demonstration of what I am trying to work on.

Our whole goal in gymnastics was to eventually be able to complete a sequence. Jordy and I choose to focus on the floor. After a period we were able to successfully remember the routine.  The order of the routine was arabesque, cartwheel, forward roll, jump full turn the finish with a backward roll. The next period we filmed our routines, but we were a bit embarrassed so they aren't as good as they could've been. Unfortunately, the videos were unable to be sent at this point in time but I assure you that as soon as the video is able to be sent I will post it on my blog.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Dylan :). I love how tidy and detailed your work is and how you explained your lessons so far. Good job :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good job dylan I like how you have explained this clearly.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.